Tuesday 6 November 2012

Brand New Windows

The new windows are in! It happened a week ago Tuesday over a span of 8 hours and it makes such a difference! If anyone needs new windows give me a shout and I can give you the guys name, I was so impressed by the professionalism and the price wasn't too bad either.

We even got ourselves through an initially awkward encounter. I was expecting them at noon so I was very surprised at 9 am when I was relaxing in my robe and the doorbell rang. At first I hid, thinking it was probably my neighbour or something and I didn't want to answer the door in that kind of attire...I was out of luck. Peeking over the couch I could see a truck and trailer so I walked to the door and motioned I'd be a minute, quickly scrambling to get dressed. So embarrassing, but we got through it with a lot of small talk until it was forgotten.


Here's photographic evidence of the work that happened here Tuesday.




That pile of windows looked so beautiful to me. The old windows leaked, let air in, and were just overall not great. They were also wooden and scrawny so from the outside they didn't have a lot of beef going on.  



Before the windows went in, we helped out a little by removing the trim ahead of time. Basically we just jammed a pry bar in and got them all off, it was a little messy with chunks of plaster falling down on occasion but it's all done now and saved them some time on Tuesday.




The first stage was huge holes in our rooms! It was exciting though nonetheless.


Here you can see the difference between the old basement windows and the new main floor windows. Below is our new exterior, no more awnings but the new windows are bulky enough that I think it looks okay for now! 




3 comments:

  1. Awnings are gross lol. Looks much better without them. Our house had awnings back in the day but now we just have the wood blocks to remind us of where they were attached to the windows. Most, if not all, of the houses on our street have taken them off already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I always hated awnings too lol, ours looked sort of cutish though in just white. Definitely better now though. The wood blocks you have sound quite lovely ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was definitely very good of the workers to show up much earlier than you thought they would, because that allowed them to get the work done sooner. 8 hours to replace your windows is actually quite fast! I’m glad that you were able to find a company whose people were very professional, efficient, and affordable. Your new windows look great! I hope you’ve enjoyed them these past few months since they’ve been on!

    ReplyDelete