Wednesday 10 April 2013

Window Shopping Wednesday: West Elm



West Elm doesn't exist in Winnipeg, but they do ship, and one of these days I'm going to pull the trigger and buy me some beautiful West Elm goods. It's not cheap, but a splurge item now and then...as long as you track it on your Money Tracking sheet ;)...doesn't hurt if you save up. Also, I like to look at a store's website that's out of my reach (I'm talking to you Restoration Hardware/Jonathan Adler/West Elm/Crate & Barrel) and think of how I might be able to recreate the product with materials or products that are more income accessible to me. 

First up, Furniture. 



I'm loving the clean lines and white-ness (is that a real adjective?) of this dresser. Would look great as a Media stand, or entry way table that serves the dual purpose of a lot of storage.


This isn't my typical taste, but outside on a patio this mosaic tiled side table has great color and would be great paired with wood or painted furniture. 


These melamine plates are too excellent. I love the bright colors! We're planning on hosting a lot of BBQs (if we had a BBQ) and bonfires this Summer, and these plates would look great on a buffet table next to a lot of fruit salad and hamburgers. 


Did you know that we like yellow and grey?


I don't often find a rug that I like, but this one is the exception to the rule. I love the different shades of grey, and the geometric pattern that's just striking enough to get your attention, but not so attention-grabbing that it steals the show. 


Wouldn't these prep bowls make cooking heavenly?

If this April snow isn't enough to convince me to move, the haul I would come out of West Elm with might just be the final straw. Been shopping lately? Found any good finds? 

No comments:

Post a Comment