Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Original Pinterest

In the words of Arthur the aardvark, having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card!

Last Friday I took a trip to the public library and found a treasure trove of DIY resources. Some of the books I took out even had pictures I've seen on Pinterest since. There's something wonderful about flipping pages in a book and marking them with a good old fashioned Post-It note (or--not that I've ever done this to a library book--a folded page corner). Here are some of my favourite finds after just reviewing two books. I'm definitely going to go back!


Better Homes & Gardens 501 Decorating Ideas Under $100 



Ceiling Medallion Wall Art
I saved this first one because I originally saw it on Pinterest a few weeks back, and remembered it. Such a clever use of a typical item that isn't that pricey, it would definitely add some visual interest to a wall.




Chalkboard Paint
If there is one major trend on Pinterest it has to be chalkboard paint.
I loved the idea of a dresser painted with chalkboard paint in order to label drawer contents. Perhaps for a playroom or craft room?
Another chalkboard paint use that I'm definitely going to try someday is painting the top of a table as a games table or for a kids colouring/craft area.


Floor Cushion
Making some hassock pillows for the floor in my living room is an idea I love. We could use them for when we have big groups over or for watching movies. 

Knit Bolster Pillow
I'm dying to make a knit pillow of some kind, this one especially tickles my fancy and includes a pattern!



Anyone else rediscovered the library lately? I'll leave you with this, I don't know how I remember this song so vividly but it was from an amazing musical episode of Arthur forever burned into my memory. Easily the best animated hip-hop video about the merits of library card ownership.


2 comments:

  1. So many amazing ideas! Love em all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go to the library sometime! I love taking out these books, and sometimes I just sit on the couch there and read them all to decide which ones I want to take home.

      Delete